Just wanted to keep everyone updated. The Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance voted yesterday to keep the trails closed until we get more snow. With a dismal snow forecast, it looks like it’ll be a while till their open.

Lake ice continues to vary and do weird things. We measured the ice a week ago in front of our place and then again yesterday. Areas of slush had formed and then froze with the cold weather. Two areas where there was slush went from 4″ of ice to 8″ and 3″ of ice to 9″. However, we measured where there wasn’t slush, just snow on top of ice, which had 6.5″ and this time only 6″. If you go out on a lake, be sure there’s plenty of ice.

The waiting game continues… We’ll update as there’s change which hopefully will be soon.

Comments are closed.