Trails are still closed and we haven’t heard a target date to open them yet. We do have snow on the ground and clubs have been out panning the trails to pack them down and build a base. We didn’t have much cold weather before the snow came so swamps  haven’t been able to freeze up yet.

Lakes are not safe yet. Getting snow not long after they froze has led to lots of slush and has slowed down the freezing process. Stay off lakes until they are marked.

Forecasts are calling for snow tonight but then warm temps next week. If we get the snow predicted and clubs pack it down, then some warm temps (not too warm and not for too long a period) to melt a little and settle it down followed by cold temps to freeze things solid, we could be looking at some great conditions.

Our sleds are ready, just waiting for the trails to open.


Comments are closed.