- Many of our guests enjoy shopping
- whether it is buying food, clothes, souvenirs, etc. The
St. Germain shopping area is 3.5 miles from the resort. The
supermarket and bakery offer a good variety of food. Our shopping
area includes a hardware store, gift shops, sport marine store,
pharmacy, bait shops, and convenience stores. Eagle River
and Minocqua are not far if you cannot find something in St.
Mondays, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, St. Germain has a
flea market in the town park. Many vendors display a variety
Arts and crafts shows are especially popular in the spring,
summer and fall. St. Germain's Classic Car Roundup, Independence
Day, Christmas in July, Sidewalk Sale, and Colorama include
many arts and crafts exhibitors.
- Throughout the area, there are numerous antique shops. During
the summer and fall, antique shows are held in the different
- The St. Germain Golf Club has an
18 hole golf course, 6 miles from our resort. Check with us
for various spring and fall golf specials. 19th Hole has a
par 3 golf course in St.Germain. back
Other golf courses in the area include:
Plum Lake Golf Club - 9 holes, 9 miles from the resort; Trout
Lake Golf Club - 18 holes, 20 miles from the resort; Eagle
River Golf Course - 18 holes, 14 miles from the
resort; Lake Forest - 9 holes, 16 miles from the resort; Northwoods
Golf Club - 18 holes, 35 miles from the resort; Wildwood Golf
Club - 18 holes, 18 miles from the resort; Timber Ridge Golf
Club - 18 holes, 21 miles from the resort.
There are miniature golf courses to play
in St. Germain, Eagle River and Minocqua.
- St. Germain has two tennis courts in the town park 3 miles
from the resort. Sayner, Minocqua and Eagle River also
have tennis courts. back
- Riding stables are located in St. Germain, Minocqua, Woodruff,
and Eagle River. Most of the riding stables operate from mid-May
through early fall. Several places offer sleigh rides in the
- The Northern Lights Playhouse operates
in the summer and fall, offering a selection of daily plays.
Woodruff and Eagle River have movie theaters. Minocqua and
Eagle River sponsor various performing artists and programs
throughout the year. back
- For those of you desiring to try your luck at gambling,
there are a couple casinos in the area - each about 45 minutes from the resort. They offer slots,
bingo, blackjack, and other Vegas style gambling.
- Northern Wisconsin was carved
by the glaciers many years ago. Hundreds of lakes dot the
countryside. You will find thousands of acres of county, state,
and national forests in Vilas County where St. Germain is
Sayner and Rhinelander have museums where
a person can learn about the area's early days. You can search
for driftwood, tour cranberry marshes, observe waterfalls,
visit wildlife parks, see the shores of Lake Superior - the
largest of the Great Lakes, and many other things.
You will enjoy
sightseeing around the area - be sure to bring your camera!
- Many of the communities in the area sponsor various events.
Muskie Bakes, Polkafests, arts and crafts shows, flea markets,
lumberjack shows, wildgame foods - all can be found at the
many area events. back
- There are many hiking trails throughout the area. St. Germain
has a hiking trail just west of the town park. One of the
trail loops can be used by handicapped persons and is self-guided.
The Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest has 11
different trails to choose from and is located a short
distance from the resort. back
- Biking is as popular as ever. St. Germain has a paved bike path that joins up with the Sayner and Boulder Junction for about a 30 mile trail. Other bike trails can be found throughout the area - from paved to single track mountain biking. Just a mile from the resort are thousands of acres of
county forest land laced with logging roads and trails where
you can find some off road biking and also challenging mountain biking. back to top
There are over 20 restaurants and taverns in the St.
Germain area to choose from. The choices are more numerous when you include the surrounding communities. Bring your appetites and enjoy some great
eating at reasonable prices. back